Re: [OM] My name is bill and I'm an enabler

Subject: Re: [OM] My name is bill and I'm an enabler
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:23:10 +0100
A potential inference from what you (quite correctly) say, Jeff, is that the
Tamron 140F is not restricted like the Zuiko 2XA, and will fit all lenses in
the Adaptall range.  While the front element of the 140F is recessed, the
throat surrounding it is about 5mm narrower in diameter compared to the 2x
SP converter (or compared to an Adaptall2 mount).

The Tamron 140F WILL NOT fit on all Adaptall 2 lenses.

60-300 and 500 are OK.

17 (!) and 35-80 are not.

Since the lens-to-mount flange of the Adaptall lenses is significantly
further forward than on Zuiko, the position of that front element relative
to the film plane is possibly just the same - and conversely, the rear
elements of Adaptall lenses project further rearwards for the same reason!

Piers