[OM] Re: OM 2' series screens brighter, or Beattie's?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2' series screens brighter, or Beattie's?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 07:36:10 -0700
>From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I'm wondering, which focusing screen series are brighter (and perhaps
>with better microprism)?
>
>The  2 series from Olympus, or the Beatties?

I think they're similar in brightness. I have both, and prefer the Oly. I don't
use microprisms -- the Beattie I have is a grid, and it is much coarser and
distracting than the OM. Also, the matte focusing surfuce seems to be coarser
and harder to "snap" into focus.

I wouldn't turn down a Beattie for the right price, but at similar prices, I'd
choose the Oly.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.