[OM] Re: OM 2' series screens brighter, or Beattie's?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2' series screens brighter, or Beattie's?
From: "Rick Beckrich" <ribec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:35:08 +0800
Jan Steinman wrote: "I think they're similar in brightness.
I have both, and prefer the Oly. I don't use microprisms..."

I have both screens in use and agree with Jan on all points.

The plain screens make for effortless switches from macro
to tele with no blackouts. You owe it to yourself to at least
look through a 2 or a Beattie screeen... the difference between
the #1 series screen and the 2 series is startling in low light
and with slow lenses (makes my 500/8 Sigma useable). There is
no difference in brilliance IMHO between the OM and the Beattie.

Rick in DC