Re: [OM] Allow me to introduce myself...

Subject: Re: [OM] Allow me to introduce myself...
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 00:00:39 +0200
Hello, Mike and all.

>The current score is an OM2n, an OM2SP, an OM40 and an OM1 (which you lot
>helped me replace the prism in), a couple of 50 F1.8s, a couple of 35-70
>f4s, a 75-150 f4 and a 135 f3.5.
>
>Combined with a T20 and a T32, I feel I have most of the bases covered for,
>as I said, snapping...but a sense of OM adventure is upon me.
>
>So, the obligatory question which gives these posts their point - what would
>list members suggest I acquire next?

I would suggest an 85 f2 -- I *love* this lens. See a picture taken with
this Zuiko at <http://217.216.177.119/atachaos/audrey85.jpeg> (OM-2SP,
85/2, Ilford 100 Delta).

On the other hand, you seem to need a 'real' wide-angle (35mm is more on
the 'standard' side to me). The Zuiko 28/2 is a wonderful lens, although
expensive. However, its slower f3.5 brother is a fine performer and much
cheaper -- I prefer it over the MC f2.8 version. Or, when funds allow, you
may look for a 21/3.5 ;-)

Welcome to the list,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>