Re: [OM] Allow me to introduce myself...

Subject: Re: [OM] Allow me to introduce myself...
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:52:59 EDT
mikeferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> what would
> list members suggest I acquire next?

It all depends on what you like to photograph.  Two lenses that I
particularly like are the Tamron 24-48mm zoom and the Tamron 60-300mm zoom,
each of which
should be available at or near $150.  Be sure and try to get the hood with
the 24-48mm as they are difficult to locate.  The Zuiko 28-48mm is also a nice
lens, however doesn't gain as much over the 35mm as the Tamron.  If you prefer
prime lens, and don't want to break the bank, you might look at a Tamron SP
17mm, the Zuiko 24mm f2.8 and something longer in the 200 to 300mm range.
Zuikos
are available at those longer focal lengths or you might look at the Tamron
180mm f2.5 and a 2X  for somewhere around the $200 to $250 range for the pair
and get a fast 180mm and fast 360mm.  My 2 cents.  Bill Barber