[OM] Fill flash with T32 and OM2n (was Faster sync speeds buys me what?)

Subject: [OM] Fill flash with T32 and OM2n (was Faster sync speeds buys me what?)
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:30:46 +0100

I took a few portraits backlit by an already set sun, and tried using fill in flash. I got the pics back to find no flash appears to have fired. What Moose states below would explain this. So how do you get fill in flash in bright conditions, eg to lose deep shadows on the beach? The only way I can think of is to stop down to get a longer exposure, but for a portrait you don't want the depth of field. Is there a way round this?

James