Re: [OM] What to bring to a soccer game?

Subject: Re: [OM] What to bring to a soccer game?
From: Johan Malmström <johan.malmstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:39:37 +0200
Thomas,

I hope for a goal galore :)

Yes, I'll be sitting along the side, fairly close, but you are absolutely
correct - a soccer field is very big - so I don't think I will get any
close-up-action-photos. I comparing the  benefits of the 35~70  and the
benefits of 35/2 together with 50/1.2.

Thanks for the hints on film, I'm thinking Ilford 3200 for B&W, but I'm not
sure it will be B&W.

Regards / Johan

Den/At 03-09-02 15.21 skrev/wrote "Thomas Haegin" <[haegint@xxxxxxxxx]>:

> Hi Johan
>
> Will you sit along the field or back on the stands
> somewhere. If on the stands, I would probably bring nothing
> as you will be too far away for a 135mm, I'm afraid. And
> the soccer field is very big...
<snip>

> Maybe it will be more fun and more rewarding if you
> photograph around you with a fast 50mm or the 135mm and try
> to capture the faces of the spectators when they're in joy
> or in agony. That could also be nice in B&W... just an
> idea...
>
> In terms of films you will need at least 400 ASA, but
> better find 800 or 1600 ASA from Fuji or Kodak Print. I
> would not shoot chrome. The print you may be able to color
> correct if the pictures will come out too warm/red (from
> the flushlights). If you can go for the 800 and push it one
> stop. The 1600 can be pushed, too, but I'm not sure if the
> OM-4 can handle ASA 3200 (I think she can, though).
>
> In any case, enjoy the match and good luck. San Marino
> should be beatable, not?
>
> greetings,
> Thomas
>

> --- Johan Malmström <johan.malmstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> schrieb: > Zuikoheads!
>>
>> I'm going to a football/soccer-game this Saturday, Sweden
>> meets San Marino
>> in qualifying to UEFA Euro2004 Cup [1]. This is at the
>> huge Ullevi-stadium
>> in Gothenburg[2].

"Tell the world what we think of those mindless suburban drones that insist
on getting 8 mpg while driving their kids to soccer practice. Join us as we
direct our social activist energies toward the exciting new sport of Big
Game SUV Hunting." <http://www.changingtheclimate.com/>