Re: [OM] What to bring to a soccer game?

Subject: Re: [OM] What to bring to a soccer game?
From: Thomas Haegin <haegint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 15:21:02 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Johan

Will you sit along the field or back on the stands
somewhere. If on the stands, I would probably bring nothing
as you will be too far away for a 135mm, I'm afraid. And
the soccer field is very big... As a "convertered"
270mm/5.6 it could be good, but I'm afraid 5.6 will be too
slow, even with 1600 ASA. There is a reason why pros would
be using the 350/2.8 here... A monopod would be helpful in
any case.

Maybe it will be more fun and more rewarding if you
photograph around you with a fast 50mm or the 135mm and try
to capture the faces of the spectators when they're in joy
or in agony. That could also be nice in B&W... just an
idea...

In terms of films you will need at least 400 ASA, but
better find 800 or 1600 ASA from Fuji or Kodak Print. I
would not shoot chrome. The print you may be able to color
correct if the pictures will come out too warm/red (from
the flushlights). If you can go for the 800 and push it one
stop. The 1600 can be pushed, too, but I'm not sure if the
OM-4 can handle ASA 3200 (I think she can, though).

In any case, enjoy the match and good luck. San Marino
should be beatable, not?

greetings,
Thomas

 --- Johan Malmström <johan.malmstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>