[OM] E1... So what can we really expect?

Subject: [OM] E1... So what can we really expect?
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:31:22 +0200
Hi guys,

I've been heavily out of synch with the list over the past few months and as
such I've also not kept up with the E1 stuff.

However... My father (who so happens to be the one that brought Zuikoholism
home to the Greve residence by buying an OM-1 in 1975) is about to retire
and my mother has asked me if I could find out some more about 'better
digital cameras than the current Camedia he uses'.

Well then, I don't remember the exact Camedia he has, but it was bought
earlier this year, so it's probably one of the latest.

Now...... Of course the first camera to jump to mind fitting the above
description, would be the E1, however, it may prove to be overkill or too
expensive.

Can anyone on-list or off-list give me a quick & brief overview of its main
features and what it's really like?

I've downloaded a products brochure and it looks most promising; a true
1972's revival, perhaps?

Cheers!
Olafo