Re: [OM] Albert's quest

Subject: Re: [OM] Albert's quest
From: "Douglas Tourtelot" <tourtelot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:46:44 -0700
First off, in Albert's defense (not that he needs any perhaps) is that he
seems to be documenting in writing what I, and probably more than a few
others on this list do; go 'round and 'round about different ideas on what
might be the next appropriate step to take in our photographic hobby.  I
usually do this in a silent but whirling brain, over days or weeks, but find
that I seldom regret my final choice. Pentac*n Six has been in there
recently, for God's sake!  Hopefully, that little kernel will disappear
before I spend any OM money on it<g>.

So here is my list:

No digital yet (well, that's a lie.  I have a Kodak P&S Digi that I use to
take my e*ay pix). Nothing serious.)

OMs out the proverbial wazoo (thanks to the fine enabling of the members on
this list.)  Currently my "love them and take them out first" cameras.

Lei*a and Bes*a RFs which I think are among the coolest retro cameras.
Sooooo quiet (the Lei*a anyway.  The Bes*s is a bit noisy.  Great glass,
that Cos*na Voi*tlander!)

A nice Hass*lblad system that gets used in the studio.  Use to carry THEM
everywhere, even the ELMs but they are too darned heavy for an old guy to
lug around.  Also a beautiful Rolle*cord Vb that gets rarely used I am
ashamed to say.  Lovely images!

A lot of Ca*bo 4x5 stuff for those times that I want to play with the big
images.  Mount Rainier, the lighthouse in Discovery Park.  You know, tilts
and shifts!

But in the end, for at least today, the OMs are my pets.  It feels pretty
great to carry around one body, one lens, and shoot a roll unencumbered by
spot meters, film magazines, and for God's sake, a dark cloth!

Now, to everyone who thinks this stuff is off topic, booyah! as my
12-year-old daughter says.  Keep it nice!  Not that I am a big contributer
on campus but there are at least three lists that I don't belong to anymore
because of self-proclaimed "experts."  Whoever said "let's shoot some
photographs" is absolutely correct.  If you have time to get into
"fist-fight" on this list, you are not busy enough.

Love and kisses,

D.