Re: Re: [OM] an Albert intervention

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] an Albert intervention
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:04:09 +1000

> Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Bill..
>
> There are 4 reasons that I was wanting to get a Fuji RF..
>
> http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=119&full=1
> http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=120&full=1
> http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=178&full=1
> http://www.fujirangefinder.com/document.php?id=179&full=1

Good images, *but* at the resolution they are presented on the web they are no
better than scans from 35mm.

I think that what you are seeing is not the quality of the camera/film format
but the
quality of the photographer.   I guess what I'm trying to say is that a
photographer
working in MF or LF *usually* will have a bigger commitment
(financial/time/quality...) than the *average* (whatever that might be) 35mm
photographer.  Let's face it, there is a lot of absolute crap published on the
web,
and more of it seems to orginate from 35mm or digital than from MF or LF.

Please note, I may have generalised a little !

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge