Re: [OM] I held an E 1 today!

Subject: Re: [OM] I held an E 1 today!
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:12:27 -0400
I have some of the same roots as Clint.  I started as a technician with
Olympus Corporate Headquarters in Woodbury NY in 1977.  A few years into it,
I was "promoted" into middle management as NY Service Supervisor and grew to
.....er..........dislike it. (Try to keep a Japanese chain of command
happy..oh I forgot....keep the parallel American chain of command happy at
the same time ........now the other one's unhappy...oh
nevermind.......private repair shop here I come.)
Then it was approx 8 years of subcontracting for Olympus.  My contract was
not renewed in '95 (best thing that could have happened.  Why do an IS-3 for
$18 when you can get $120 for a retail repair? ) and it's been smooth
sailing ever since.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714