[OM] Dismantling an OM1

Subject: [OM] Dismantling an OM1
From: Mike Ferguson <mikeferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:42:03 +0100
Hey there, all,

Have been lurking on here for a while, and now have a question I hope you'll
be able to help me out with.  I recently picked up a bargain OM1 (not an n),
which has some fungus (well, some nasty green stuff of some description!)
inside the lower edge of the viewfinder.  So I want to take the top off and
clean this stuff off if I can.

I've downloaded the OM1 service manual, but thought I'd see what hints, tips
and tricks you lot had before starting - in particular, how far do I have to
disassemble to get to the bit that needs cleaning?  If there are any step to
step guides anywhere that would be perfect.

Needless to say I don't have any of the special Olympus tools, so info on
suitable substitutes is also welcomed.

Thanks

Mike

PS  I know the sensible thing would be to take it to the camera shop - but
where's the fun in that?