Re: [OM] RF polarisers

Subject: Re: [OM] RF polarisers
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:26:53 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "andrew fildes" <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 6:51 AM

> The original Leica PL used a flipover approach - very pricey used and
> still not 'snapshotty'.
> Easy ways -
> A) Judge the amount of effect by turning and watching the effect on
> the metering. No preview but you can bracket.
> b) Match two Polas - a good one for the lens and a cheap one attached
> to a flash shoe. Calibrate both to maximum polarisation and mark them
> with white spots or cuts on the rim. Use one in the accessory shoe to
> preview, adjust the one on the lens to match. Kenko threatened to
> make a matched pair like this at one stage - I'm about to make my
> own. It's a slightly more convenient approach than the one below but
> still slow.

Were there polarizers available for TLRs? Wouldn't it be possible to adapt
something similar for an RF?

Maybe for keeping costs down, a double filter adapter could be made that
would just have filter rings so then you could attach any matched (or
mismatched if you wanted to for some unknown reason) pair of filters.

Another thought, could you get a really big step-up ring with a notch
removed for the viewfinder so that you could see the effect.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/