Re: [OM] [OT][VOLTS]Foreign travel power conversion

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT][VOLTS]Foreign travel power conversion
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:35:36 +0100
Yes Mickey

When I returned to England from the US in 1990, I had fair amount of 110v (why use such a piddling voltage?) applicances. I still have the transformer into which was plugged my Atari ST. If it will withstand heating equipment, it will be fine for battery chargers. You can check the current requirement with the formula P=IV (P in watts, I in amps and V in volts). Just don't exceed the maximum current allowed.

Have a wonderful time.

Chris

Mickey asked:
I'm going to NZ with my US equipment. I have a voltage converter, but it says for use with heating element equipment like hair dryers and curling
irons. Is it safe to plug battery chargers into it? Will it work?

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
