[OM] [OT][VOLTS]Foreign travel power conversion

Subject: [OM] [OT][VOLTS]Foreign travel power conversion
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:42:12 +1200
Hi Mickey

I don't know that I have a direct answer to your question, but I have this
experience.

I have a rechargeable torch. You know, the kind that emits a bright white
light and very little heat.  I'm sure the input voltage is 12, DC.

It has two charging plugs; one for the wire from its own transformer that plugs
into the 240V AC house supply, and another that's for a plug that fits 12V car
DC power (cigarette lighter). The wires from the 240 V transformer have
broken adjacent to the plug so I can seldom get a good connection to charge
it there.

What I have found works OK is to get my battery charger 240vAC  > 12V DC
transformer, and clip it onto the contacts of the cigarette lighter plug
charging
circuit.  Seems to work fine.

Brian