[OM] [OT] multiplatform photography

Subject: [OM] [OT] multiplatform photography
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 07:15:41 -0400
Unfortunately, Andrew, this might be the case for the Pro users of a 12x0, I
would bet you dollars to donuts (seemed like an appropriate cliche), that a
huge majority of photo printer owners are PC users. They're sitting next to
PCs, in bedrooms and dens, of people that have absolutely no way to capture
an image for which the printer is capable, but use it for upscale snapshots.

I use Apples occasionally and like them (except for the cartoony user
interface), but honestly have not found anything that can be done on one
platform that cannot be done on the other.

Except for things like this utility that just won't be available for the
Mac.

No bigotry here. I'm, at home, just a single platform guy (OK, Intel, not
Windows, as I also run Mandrake and RedHat).

Tom

<snip> The annoyance is in the probability that although many more of the