Re: [OM] body repair

Subject: Re: [OM] body repair
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:05:38 -0700
If you buy a new-in-the-box OM from Olympus or a dealer's shelf, you have a
very good probability that it will work, and work right for a while, when
you get it... but that's not 100ertain.

When you buy a used OM from -anybody- and from any location, be it auction,
used shelf at local camera shop, pawn shop, thrift store, or garage sale,
you have a shot-in-the-dark at getting a camera that will work right, and do
so for a while. Its a bit better if you can actually handle the body up
front, but still an iffy deal.

If you buy a camera that Clint or John H. has just CLA'd and pronouced
'good' then you have a *very* good probability that you will get a camera
that works, works right, and will keep on working right for a good time to
come. I'd say that a verifiable "recently CLA'd by [Clint or John H}" is a
strong -positive- selling point.

Its like the 'certified' used cars from BMW or Mercedes, with the
warranty... they are a lot better bets than the 'low-mileage special' from
the shyster corner used car lot.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...