Re: [OM] A quick E-1 poll

Subject: Re: [OM] A quick E-1 poll
From: "Steve" <fishfan@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:16:42 -0500
My husband and I have been considering digital cameras for a few years.  We
would need to upgrade our computer and printer in order to do any decent
printing.

I'm a die-hard film person.  The first time I developed a b & w neg. in my
bathroom, it took my breath away.  It was magic.  I suppose that means I'm
old-fashioned.

I like that I can take photos with an OM-1 with no battery (i.e in extreme
cold).  I'm not even comfortable with auto-focus  (I have a Can*n EOS as
well as my OMs).  I'm always using the lenses on "manual".

Having said all that, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a DSLR in 18 months
or so.  Probably Can*n unless the E-1 knocks the socks off my husband.  I
don't even want to see an E-1 for fear that it will beg me to take it home.
I'm a sucker for strays.
KathyD