RE: [OM] TAMRON 35-80 mm F2.8 SP adaptall??

Subject: RE: [OM] TAMRON 35-80 mm F2.8 SP adaptall??
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:31:03 +0100
I have used that lens since 1981.  Paid more for it than I paid the previous
year for my OM10+50/1.8 and have never regretted it.  Wouldn't want to
comment on sharpness or distortion, as I have never either noticed, or been
bothered to run a comparison, because the lens is just the right combination
of focal range, physical size and 'quality' feel (though not quite Zuiko
like in that respect) and it's two-touch, so no problem with zoom creep.
Focuses the same way as Zuikos.  62mm filters, but the front element rotates
with focussing. Oh, and did I mention the 2.8 max aperture - that is why I
bought it in the first place, anythin less is too much of a compromise (or
at least, was at the time with film technology of the day)

One or two Tamrons were produced in two versions, focusing opposite ways to
each other, so don't generalize.

Piers