Re: [OM] New (to me anyhow) Oly E-1 site

Subject: Re: [OM] New (to me anyhow) Oly E-1 site
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 18:10:55 +1000
Digizuikoholism.
'ere we go, 'ere we go,'ere we go.......
AndrewF

At 08:16 AM 8/8/2003 -0400, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
<http://www.olympus-esystem.com/dea/index.html>

Noticed a few new pieces that I don't recall from the initial announcement. A BG-2 type flash handle and a 25mm extension tube and a wow! A 6x8 grid focusing screen which it the first indication of interchangeable screens. I hadn't seen this even as of yesterday but it's there today.

Hmmmmm, yes. The 11-22mm zoom lens (22mm to 33mm in 35mm format equivalent) looks quite tasty, actually. And it looks like they're doing everything they can to answer people's questions ahead of official retail availability -- they're even puiblishing MTF charts for all the announced lenses so far. A lot of work is getting done on this site in a big hurry. Hope it pays off for 'em.

I'm still waiting for "street-level" pricing on the whole shebang. (Wouldn't mind actually being able to grope one, either...)

Garth