[OM] print film question

Subject: [OM] print film question
From: Kurt Klein <acetone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 03:24:32 -0700 (PDT)
I am going to take non-commissioned pictures at some friends' wedding this
weekend, and I want to shoot a good print film.  I used Portra 400NC the
last time, and I dislike the results, especially compared to the Provia
and Astia I also shot.  Almost every picture appeared flat and muted while
the prints I made from Provia were bright and crisp, even in full shade.
My wedding photographer used Fuji NPH in the 120 format, and I like those
pictures, but I wonder if there is a print film with higher contrast than
the NC but maybe a little less than the Provia?  Or maybe even a print
film that has similar characteristics as Provia as far as contrast and
color reproduction?

Kurt