Re: [OM] Help needed for a Motor Drive 1 + M.18V Control Grip 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Help needed for a Motor Drive 1 + M.18V Control Grip 1
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:15:00 -0400
First, remove battery holder from grip and shine a light into the holder.
Look at the battery contacts inside.  They often melt.
Look at the tiny pins on the bottom of the motor.  This pins sit in a
plastic insulator.  Again, if the pins get hot (like from mounting the motor
setup to the camera with the switch turned "on") this can cause a surge, and
melt the insulator.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
mail:  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714