RE: [OM] Questions on Tamron 17mm

Subject: RE: [OM] Questions on Tamron 17mm
From: Bernard Frangoulis <bcf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:35:40 +0200
The DOF button for Olympus-mounted Adaptall 2 lenses ... is on the Olympus
mount, so you will have to wait for the mail man.  When fitted on the
Olympus mount, the diaphragm works just as a Zuiko does - setting the
diaphragm from 2.8 to 32 makes no difference until the shutter fires ...
unless there is a problem with the lens body - take off the Adaptall mount
to check.

Thanks Piers! I have removed the Contax/Yashica Adaptall ring, using your instructions - now the diaphragm remains fully open when I set the diaphragm to f/22, and it closes when I press the lever.

I have the later version of this lens (no filters), so cannot be sure, but I
suspect the "ring-thingy" is useful also for fitting filters (aside fron the
built in filters) such as a polarizer, maybe?

No, there is no screw thread on the thing. And no way to screw a filter either if I remove it. Anyway, since the front lens is convex, this ring is necessary to maintain the lens cap without touching the lens.

If it is anything like the
B6FH (for the later version) the 20FH hood is a petal shaped monster which
you would easily recognize.

This is not the one ;-)

Bernard