Re: [OM] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body

Subject: Re: [OM] Common language, was Cleaning Old Price Tag Goo Off Body
From: "Gary M. Teller" <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:28:43 -0400
Chris Barker wrote:

>Aha Lama, you fell into my trap ;-). The verb agrees with "corruption" which is singular.

<snip>

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

> Chris,  did you mean the corruption these shows *HAVE* wrought?

Though not an English major or linguist by any means, I agree with Lama. I don't believe corruption is the subject; it is the object. Say it another way: Did you mean to say these shows have wrought corruption?

Gary (stirring the common language pot)

BTW, After the numerous opinions, and other illuminations, on denatured alcohol and now paraffin/kerosene/diesel fuel I feel it's time we find a bona fide Zuikoholic chemist to sign up for the list (if we don't already have one) to disseminate the gospel regarding chemical preparations and their cleaning applications. To those chemists on the list please speak up :)