RE: [OM] Train watching

Subject: RE: [OM] Train watching
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:35:39 +1000
> Mike [mailto:watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]  wrote:
> I remember as a kid going to the freight yard...

I remember as a kid doing the RAAF Base Amberley paper rounds,
and wandering through the (at the time - don't know about now)
biggest hangar in the Souther hemisphere. I was wandering around
and under F111's, Chinooks, Iriquois, Canberra Bombers selling
papers to guys (sorry...but it was just guys at the time) working
under, around, inside (inside as in "under the skin") and on
top of all these planes. Don't reckon you'd get away with it
now <g> and, come to think of it, we occasionally got chased
off by some surly Officer (after selling quite a few papers).

OM content (for this post - I never took a camera with me on
my paper rounds) - I'm currently back up at The Hut (see TOPE
self-portrait) and testing out the new Zuiko 135/2.8. In the
end I couldn't decide what camera-kit to take, so I've taken
every bit of equipment bar the Zuiko 35/2.8 (we're not currently
on speaking terms. Bad photos - I blamed it, it blamed me,
we both are just in a colling off period) and the 135/3.5. Frankly,
the digital (Oly c5050z) is getting the most workout, but mostly
because I've thus far only taken happy-snappy-puppy-shots:

http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/monts.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/montsnmags/mags.jpg

Hopefully, when I'm back, I'll have something OM to show
(if not from the 135/2.8, at least from the 50/1.4). My partner
is going to give the OM1 a go (after pining for an old manual
Praktica MTL3) and, if he likes it, that means I can feed the need
and get a backup body...err, I mean an OM1 for their birthday
in September.

Cheers
Marc
Oberon, Oz