Re: [OM] M1 offered by ebay member(?)

Subject: Re: [OM] M1 offered by ebay member(?)
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:50:45 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> At 10:22 PM 7/10/2003 -0700, Jeff Keller wrote:
> >*****
> >I'm sorry to interrupt you,but I but I see that you are interested in
> >Olympus M1 Outfit 3 M Zuiko Lenses + M access (Item # 2938708749)
> >It happens to have an identical unit
> >for sale right now,but unfortunately we have not enough time for
> >starting an auction.We want to sell it for $1300 right now,and
> >we'll pay for shipping and insurrance as a bonus.The unit
> >is brand new .
>
> I'ts probably just me, but a "brand new" M1 outfit just smells scam to
me...

> // richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>

I also doubt there is any connection to the NY police since the domain
name is registered through Yahoo domains. However it seems strange to
mimic a "NY police" domain name using their own name as a contact with
the intent of scamming people.

I sent an email through eBay asking for pictures rather than using
"reply". It will be interesting to see what their response is.

-jeff