[OM] Lenses with sticky apertures

Subject: [OM] Lenses with sticky apertures
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:58:16 +0100
Hi,
  I've just pulled my Tokina 1:4.5 80-200mm lens out of my camera bag and it
appears that it's developed a rather annoying fault (or rather the fault has
gotten much worse than it was last year). If the lens aperture is set to,
say, f16, the camera can fire the shutter, but the aperture sticks. To
unstick the aperture, I have to take the lens off the camera and push the
little pin that moves the aperture counterclockwise. Needless to say, my
Zuiko 50mm 1:1.8 doesn't do this - I can set the aperture as close as
possible to closed, fire the shutter, then the aperture snaps back quite
rapidly after the shutter has fired.
  Is there any way to get the aperture un-stuck? Does anyone (preferably in
the UK) repair these lenses? Is there a trick that works to cure this
problem?

Thanks.
--
Phil.