Re: [OM] Staying cool with hot film

Subject: Re: [OM] Staying cool with hot film
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:57:51 -0400
Stupid me, I forgot that Friday of last week was July 4th, a
holiday, and on the Tuesday preceding, I ordered 40 rolls of
Provia 100F from B&H, expecting it to arrive within 48 hours, as
stuff usually does from them via FedEx, whereupon it would get
immediately popped into the refrigerator.

Didn't happen.  They shipped it UPS ground and it got here just
minutes ago.  When I dug the film out of the styrofoam peanuts, I
could feel the heat.  This stuff has probably been sitting in a
big, brown truck cooking for five or six days in the summer heat.

I don't suppose it really matters much.  After all, I've often had
a roll stay in a camera for a month or more before it's finished,
and I've never noticed any problem.  But this occurrence reminds
me that it has been my past practice to stock up on mail order
film only in the wintertime.  I'll try to remember that from now
on.

It's in the fridge now, right behind the Miller Geunine Draft, one
of which I had to remove to make room.  Don't want it to get all
warm again, and since it's nearly noon here anyway, what the hell?

Walt