Re: [OM] 4ti screen problems

Subject: Re: [OM] 4ti screen problems
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:22:39 +0200
Hi Adam,

My OM-4Ti behaves in a similar way, but without problems. It has always been
that way since I got it: All the words and symbols in the LCD screen are lit
up, but less than the ones that are actually intended to be. Sometimes, if the
shutter speed is e.g. faster than 1/60, the entire length of the shutter speed
bar is lit until the aperture is cranked down a step, which is a little bit
annoying. But I get correct exposures everytime and was not even aware about
the problem until recently. Fresh batteries do not make a change.

Can you remember the viewfinder illumination project, which included an LED
mounted on the outside of the camera? This did not work with my camera because
of this problem. Therefore I gave up upon it.

Conclusion: There is probably no need to have a CLA, unless exposure is off or
the LCD panel cannot be read at all.

Best regards,

Bernd