Re: [OM] Which lens case or pouch for the 85~250?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which lens case or pouch for the 85~250?
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 13:40:11 -0700

>.....Fact is that the 85~250 and the 65~116, both with tripod collar, would
>need
>a wider than usual hard case. That's why in these exceptional situations of
>irregular lens shape, I think that a good soft and flexible real leather
>pouch could be more practical......

Fernando, i don't have a case for the 85~250 either. It goes with me in
the micro trekker. I carry the 65~116 the same way but mostly without
the tripod mount as IMO the 65~116 really shines hand held. When not in
use I store them in a camera bag in a dust free place. I haven't seen a
leather bag large enough for the 85~250 but the 65~116 w/ mount fits in
the 150N.  Some say that storage in a hard case is not best but I
suppose that depends upon your climate. So I guess I'm suggesting a
dedicated camera bag, either backpack or shoulder to suit your style in
which to carry all the gear you are using, leave the cases at home. More
convenient and better protection.

mike