Re: [OM] 35-70 Zoom Question

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70 Zoom Question
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:27:59 -0600
> the f-stop ring has a very different feel to it  than
> i'm used to...
> it doesn't have that quiet, solid kind of "thunk" feel to it when it
> hits an f-stop...

 Well, on mine, it's clickier than the 50/1.4, 55/2.8 viv macro, 24/2; about
the same as 17/3.5 viv; and less clicky than the 65-200/4.

 As long as it turns from A to B and as long as it holds the aperture in the
same place when it's at a stop, I don't think the feel of this can make any
possible difference to the shots it takes. If you want it as a perfect
example for collection's sake, then I suppose this could be  a problem, but
otherwise I wouldn't worry.

 -- dan