RE: [OM] Fool proof way?

Subject: RE: [OM] Fool proof way?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:23:34 +0100
A       Open the back and feel for film.  If you don't have a darkroom or
changing bag, you want to be careful how/where you do this.  If you aren't
confident of your ability to do this ...

B       Try rewinding the film *without* turning/pressing the rewind button.
If there is film in the camera, you will feel the rewind crank tighten up.
If there is no film in the camera, you will be able to turn it freely for as
long as you like, until you are satisified that there is likely no film in
the camera.  Then you can open the back and look, where you may discover
there *was* film, but it is now all safely wound into the cassette.

OR

C       Look at the exposure counter - if it is at "S" then any film in the
camera is not yet exposed, so you can risk method A.

Apologies for what some will think is an HTML post (Hardly Takes Much
Looking)

Piers