Re: [OM] How many shots do you take?

Subject: Re: [OM] How many shots do you take?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:26:34 +0200
Well, I do not personally take 3-5 months hollidays, but I do travel
a bit for work. Piggybag a few days of vacation either in the end of
the stay or in the beginning (usually, it is possible to make the
company pay the hotel when staying over a saturday night and
accepting a monkey-class ticket - the airfare is thus usually reduced
by 50%).

By careful advance planning, it makes something like this week
possible for me: I am in Tunisia for work for 5 days. Add 2 extra
days in the end, one in the beginning, plan the work sufficiently in
advance and work hard upon arrival -- and I will be done with
"official duties" by noon, whereupon I will see about chartering a
camel and riding off in the sunset (or some such thing) until my
flight home sunday night :)

That said, in Europe, at least, we are well off on the vacation
front. France recently enforced a 35h workweek, which in many lines
of work translates into "still long workdays" but a truckload of
vacation -- I think up to some 95 days/year is not uncommon if you
keep he usual 60h workweek.

--thomas

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:51:19 +0800
"C.H.Ling-Accura" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How can your guys have three to five months holiday? I can only
> dream that, may only be realized after retire but it has to wait
> for almost 20 years! Or the poor economic situation push me to stop
> working but then I may not have the mood to travel :-) For oversee
> trip (usually 5-6 days) I usually take two rolls of slide and one
> rolls of negative a day, I consider it too much since there is no
> time to really enjoy the holiday just busy shooting but we may only
> have chance to do that once a year so you just want to shoot as
> much as you can.
>
> C.H.Ling

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)