Re: [OM] Best girlfriend in the world?

Subject: Re: [OM] Best girlfriend in the world?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 17:18:34 +0800
Daniel wrote:

Just marry her and shut up!

Daniel.. I take it you aren't Chinese??

For Chinese families, the marriage isn't for the two of us (you'd be silly to think so) the wedding is for the rest of the neighborhood.. to see.. My sister's wedding almost ended in divorce before the wedding took place.. So tredding lightly seems to be the best idea..

But yes, eloping has crossed our minds; at the risk of being disowned (yes, that's what happens when you are chinese and elope)..

Albert