Re: [OM] E1 first thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] E1 first thoughts
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:08:04 -0400
Skip,

I agree with your positions. My problem is, more than anything else, the
price point.  Even assuming street doesn't equal list, it's over priced,
particularly when I can pick up used Canon lenses, a 10D and even a 35mm
body for less. Even if I went all new, the 10D, which I maintain has better
specs, is cheaper.

If the E-1 really took advantage of the smaller sensor size and make the
body smaller, lighter and had smaller lenses, they would have had me -- the
digital OM system.  But it's not.  The E20 is big and the E-1 is just as
big, or at least it looks it.

Still underwhelmed.

Tom

From: "Skip Williams" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<snip>
The net-net is that cameras are designed for what sells, and the ultimate
flexibility of a full system isn't necessary or economically feasible for
any new maker to put up these days.  They have to deliver what 900f their
market uses, and that isn't ultra-high resolution, fast motors, or exotic
lenses.