Re: [OM] IS-5 bargain

Subject: Re: [OM] IS-5 bargain
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:54:10 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Titoy" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 5:26 AM

> I wonder, if someone like Clint can tap a wire, plant a terminal on the
> plastic body that will allow at least a PC sync connection outside the
body
> of this newer IS cameras?

You should be able to use an external flash with a slave because of the
way the IVP flash works. If the camera is set for aperture priority or
manual
the aperture will be fixed and known. The IVP flash combines the aperture,
focus distance, and ISO to compute a fixed power flash. If you partially
block
the flash (or set exposure compensation to underexpose) the on-camera flash
will not full expose the film. but it will provide a trigger flash to a
slaved external
unit, which is set for the film and aperture (and distance if the flash is
set to
manual).

Paul