[OM] IS-5 bargain

Subject: [OM] IS-5 bargain
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:29:49 -0700
"Can you point us to the Website or store name and address?"

No, unfortunately. The seller is an individual, not a business as such.
Before I bid, I asked her if she had any more and she replied that this was
the only one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2931652854&category=15239

This is like so many eBay bargains -- they come and go. You just have to
keep your eyes peeled.

As was pointed out, you cannot use external flash. This is disappointing,
because the IS-5 allows manual selection of shutter speed and aperture.

I neglected to mention that the IS-5 has a macro mode like Olympus's digital
cameras. It apparently lets the lens elements move to positions that are not
normally permitted. (After focusing close, you hear the lens "reset" itself
when you shut off macro mode.) You can get quite close, even at 140mm.