Re: [OM] Severe blasphemy

Subject: Re: [OM] Severe blasphemy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:52:37 -0700
Andrew Dacey wrote:

Option 1, A rangefinder kit. <snip> The advantage I see with going this route is
that it gives me the option to get some of the widest lenses ever produced
<snip> I have limited rangefinder experience so I'm not sure yet how it would
suit my
style of shooting.

You really should try out a rangefinder with super-wide lens before committing to this as your wide angle solution. It is not the same as just mounting a new lens on the body and seeing a wider view like on an SLR. They require a separate viewfinder mounted on the top of the camera which I gather never quite agrees with what ends up on the film, both as to parallax and coverage. You may or may not like it, just be aware that it is quite a different thing.

Moose