Re: [OM] Grizzly in Jellystone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Grizzly in Jellystone?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:51:32 -0700
My partner used to eat deer and moose in Maine, and I would too, if I lived out there. Of course, one can't shoot them here in a relatively densely built up city in a huge urban area.

The funny thing here is that people don't treat them like pets, but more like just an ordinary part of the landscape. And a nuisance too, for gardners. A doe and 2 fawns managed to squeeze under the fence into my back yard. In the few days it took me to figure out what ws going on, they had done some serious eating of roses and such and created a nice area of smashed down greenery as a comfy place to nap. When I went down and asked them to leave so I could see where they were getting in, they were very reluctant and took a lot of convincing.

Moose

Mike wrote:

Generally true, esp. in the wild, but not where I live. There are lots of deer living in the hilly area where I live. They have lived here for many generations and are quite used to cars.....snippity, snip

Of course, as they are my cousins, I try to be particularly polite to them. :-)

Although there are a few neighborhoods where they treat them like pets
mostly people are not particularly polite to your cousins around here
Moose ;>)