Re: [OM] Grizzly in Jellystone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Grizzly in Jellystone?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:49:44 -0700
Generally true, esp. in the wild, but not where I live. There are lots of deer living in the hilly area where I live. They have lived here for many generations and are quite used to cars. Generally if they are browsing at the side of the road, they will just look up and watch you go by without fear. The vast majority of the time when they do move away, they move away from the road. Had a stag trotting down the middle of the street in front of my house in mid-afternoon a couple of weeks ago, just as calm as could be. I've also been behind one trotting down teh street in front of me. He occasionally looked over his shoulder to see what I was doing, but didn't panic, just went his own way like the street was his too. I just turned into my driveway and he went on.

Of course, as they are my cousins, I try to be particularly polite to them. :-)

Moose

Mike wrote:

So if you see a deer along side the road it will 9 times out of ten jump out in
the road and attempt to run away from you. So slow down even if they are not in
the road, they _will_ jump in front of you..