Re: [OM] Just got back from Thailand

Subject: Re: [OM] Just got back from Thailand
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:18:12 -0700

Albert wrote:

I just got back from Thailand...

Fun but exhausting trip. My flight got delayed coming back, and so it was 2am when I landed this morning.. I usually take the metro home, but no metro at 2am, and so when I got home and in bed, it was about 3am..

Glad you enjoyed it.

First, some comments about the Velbon. I love it!! It was incredibly light, fairly sturdy and stable, and without it, I couldn't have taken any night scenery shots. I haven't seen the results, but they should be excellent, and I can guarantee much better than handheld!

I guess my rather pithy reply, "Velbon 343E.", to your original question wasn't so far off, in spite of all the thread it engendered.

I have yet to master night photography, as far as metering, as the OM1n's meter is great in the daytime, but pretty much useless at night.

There are guides for this. I know my old Kodak Master Photo Guide has one and I know some on the web have been referred to on the list, but don't remember them.

Moose