RE: [OM] Paris Air Show...

Subject: RE: [OM] Paris Air Show...
From: "Gary L. Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 21:38:36 -0500
Thomas,

The 300/4.5 is a fine air show lens.  If you can't pack a tripod, try a
monopod.  It will really make a difference.  Chris Barker gets a commision
on all Camcanes (tm) sold to List members, BTW.  ;-)

If there are any performances by propeller-driven aircraft, try some slow
exposures (1/125) while panning to get more natural-looking (to the eye)
propeller blurs.  Shoot some fast, too, to be sure of getting some sharp
airframe images.  Jets are easy - just bang away at 1/1000 or 1/2000.

Should be great fun.  We're not allowed to go to Paris ;-) but I'll be at
Duxford next month.

Gary Edwards

www.peopleplacesflight.com