[OM] Paris Air Show...

Subject: [OM] Paris Air Show...
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 04:13:59 +0200
Guys,

This week, the Paris Air Show is happening at Le Bourget Airport near
Paris. It is usually an amazing mixture of current, past and future
aircrafts, comercial trade-show, crazy pilots in the air in antique
(and hyper-modern) aircrafts, buyers, sellers and air-fanarics alike.
I probably fall in the last category... ;)

Last time, 2 years ago, I brought the full bag of cameras and lenses,
but after the first shot....yep, the battery in my OM2s/p died. Of
course, that was also the ONE TIME that I forgot spare batteries --
and are SR44 readilly available at an air-show? Nooo....sunny-16 at
1/60 -- and Kodakchrome 25. No good.

This year, I shall not make this mistake. I shall also remember that
300/4.5 and the 1.4 teleconverter to get some in-air shots. I am not
sure, though, that a tripod will fit the outfit :(

Ohh, and I shall wear a suit and a tie and pretend to be from some
large airline company so I can get invited to the really cool product
demonstrations :) Or perhaps just stick to shorts and t-shirt, and
avoid melting away in the sunshine....

I also really deeply hope, that the most beautiful aircraft of all
times will be allowed a final flight....yeah, the Concorde, of
course. I never got to fly one (sigh) nor to take any good in-air
photos of one (double-sigh), and I would like to rectify at least one
of these serious flaws.

Anyways, if you find yourself in or around Paris this week, and is
remotely interrested in aircrafts, then this is the place to visit.

All other weeks of the year, there is an OK flight-museum at the
airport, and they do have both a 747 and a Concorde (I believe no. 2
off the production, which flew only test flights) on exhibision.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx