Re: [OM] [OT] Help ! Computer / Outlook problem !!

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Help ! Computer / Outlook problem !!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:15:41 -0700
Save yourself a lot of future trouble and use another mail product. A very large proportion of the email virus stuff depends on Outlook or OE to propagate. Use another program and avoid receiving viruses and sending them on to your friends. Netscape mail is quite lovely, free and you can use it for mail and IE for browser if you have a 'thing' for IE. I also use the Netscape browser mostly. One of the nicest little things about Netscape mail is the ability to set HTML criteria for individual addresses. I have this list set to plain text only so no matter what I put in the message, I never send HTML to the list; don't even have to think about it. There are also other free mail packages out there that others on the list have touted.

I've never used Outlook or OE, thus proving a certain minimal level of smarts, so I don't know anything about pst files, but Netscape help says this:

"You can import address books from Communicator, Netscape 6, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook Express, or text files (LDIF, tab-delimited (.tab), comma-separated (.csv), or text (.txt) formats). When you import an address book, Mail & Newsgroups creates a new address book with the imported entries.

You can also import mail messages and settings from Communicator, Eudora, Outlook, and Outlook Express."

Moose

Jon Mitchell wrote:

I have just upgraded to Windows XP.  It comes with Outlook Express.  Nice, I
can handle my email from there and not worry about it all.  Now, I have a
pst file with my old mailbox, contacts, etc., in it.