[OM] [OT] Help ! Computer / Outlook problem !!

Subject: [OM] [OT] Help ! Computer / Outlook problem !!
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:50:32 +0100
Hi List,

Sorry for the OT, but I thought you guys may be able to help.  There seems
to be a lot of PC experts on here !

I have just upgraded to Windows XP.  It comes with Outlook Express.  Nice, I
can handle my email from there and not worry about it all.  Now, I have a
pst file with my old mailbox, contacts, etc., in it.  This was created under
a full version of Outlook (office 97 ?).  Now, I don't want to install that
on my machine - I'd rather stick with Express.  Reason ?  That version of
Office may not have been strictly "legit" if you know what I mean.  OK, OK,
so I'm a bad person, but I'm trying to go straight now :-)  !!

Anyway, Outlook Express doesn't seem to want to import from a pst file.  And
full version of Outlook (on another machine, connected via network) will not
export to Outlook Express files.

Has anyone got any thoughts or ideas on this ?  I really need my old mailbox
back, and I don't fancy logging on to the other machine and forwarding
20,000 messages to myself !!

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Jon

PS:  OM Content ?  Next purchase for the new XP system will be a scanner
(Epson 3200 ?) to scan my OM negs & slides !