Re: [OM] Kodak Elite Chrome ISO 100

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak Elite Chrome ISO 100
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:14:46 EDT
In a message dated 6/10/2003 5:18:17 PM Central Standard Time,
wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I use Extra Color

I've got a roll of it in my camera right now.  Have shot a fair amount of it
and like it. Albatross original post implied he had bought some film at a
bargain basement price to save a little money rather than buying what he
usually
uses.  If what he bought is fresh EBX and he is used to shooting Velvia, he
won't have any disappointments because he knew he wasn't buying Velvia.  I
personally would not leave on an important trip with film I wasn't familiar
with and
that I had some doubt about the condition of when I got it.  As I said in my

Late last week I bought some EBX from my local retailer because all my film
was in the refrigerator and I didn't want to wait for it to warm up.  The
store, a major chain photo store, sold it to me for $9.25 per 36X roll, which
was
just a little less disgusting than the approximate $11.00 a roll I paid for
Velvia at a retailer in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  B&H and Adorama both sell the
EBX at $3.99, while the Velvia goes for $4.19.  The price we pay for
convenience.  I believe in the free enterprise system and I want them to make a
profit, I
would just prefer they didn't make it all off my 3 rolls of film.  Bill
Barber