Re: [OM] Kodak Elite Chrome ISO 100

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak Elite Chrome ISO 100
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:54:25 +1000
In the message I received, Albert writes:
>So I was going to buy some Velvia, but ended up buying this at a bargain
>basement price.  I haven't shot it yet (so I don't know if regrets are
>coming).

EliteChrome is Kodak's consumer version of EktaChrome, so maybe that's
why you think it's a BB price. :-) It's probably regularly priced
consumer film. :-)

Let's say Velvia costs 20 units, then Kodak's 100 EVS (EktaChrome) is
going to be about 18 units and 100 EBX (EliteChrome) about 9 units.

>Anybody tell me more about this film?  Anything I should know about?
> Some characteristics to watch out for?  Any tips, hints, and rants
>would be appreciated.

If it's Extra Color (EBX), then it's going to have a warm look, with
slightly less saturated colours than Velvia @50.

Here's a page that a quick search for something similar found:

http://www.geocities.com/ruralwales/e100vs_velvia.htm

HTH,

Saso