Re: [OM] everybody loves a shift lens...

Subject: Re: [OM] everybody loves a shift lens...
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:00:49 -0700
Umm ... I don't agree ... you really NEED a 24mm shift if you can use a
35mm shift. The wider the lens the more critical it becomes how you
orient the film plane.

If you have "room to move" you could almost argue the only lens you need
is a 50mm f1.8. Get close enough and you don't need that 400mm, far
enough away and you don't need that 18mm. Nahh ... it's the relationship
between different things in the image that is important unless there's
only one thing in the image besides bokeh. You need to be able to walk
and have the right lenses (or unbelievably good film).

... it's sneaky to compare two pictures from two lenses when they are
taken from slightly different positions.

I really like your "Illinois Institute" web site. It provides a very
clean attractive presentation of a lot of material. Or in other words
WOW!

-jeff