Re: SV: [OM] Re: favorite lenses I don't have

Subject: Re: SV: [OM] Re: favorite lenses I don't have
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:40:04 -0600
> YMMV but the 24mm shift gets much more use. Given how useful I find
> the shift lenses, I'm surprised everyone doesn't have a 35mm shift.

 How far does it shift? To phrase that better, say you're standing in front
of a building with a 35mm lens mounted, and the ground level of the building
exactly fills a normal 35mm lens, and is in correct perspective. How far up
can you go by using the shift lens and still get corrected perspective? One
floor? Three floors? Half a floor?

 I can see why it'd be useful, but I always wonder how much it'll help.

 -- dan